Smitten Offline
WÀÑÐÊRINGæŠØÚL
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Smitten

Points: 15,982, Level: 18 Points: 15,982, Level: 18 Points: 15,982, Level: 18

Re: Where are you? A Memoir of a lonely soul. - August 20th 2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
I enjoyed reading this post... but have you ever felt like someone was that 'one'... and then they're just gone, just like that. If they loved you, how could they leave you? Was it ever love at all?

...ever feel like you'll never find another that you feel you could spend eternity with...
Have I ever truly felt like someone was that "one"? Yes and No.
Yes, I have been able to see myself spending life with certain people, loving them and raising a family with them.
But No, I have never felt like they were my "soul-mate" because rather than enjoying the life of adventure that I feel is one of the most important things I wish to accomplish in my life, each of them would have required the sacrifice of all I hold dear to my heart.

So few seem to have the ambition, and my ambition either scares them or they see it as a waste of time and have no interest in pursuing the same endeavors as I do. They would rather spend their time on material gains and gaining social acceptance and preserving their extended friends network. pfft.
Why is it that I am surrounded by shallow women with no vision or ambition?
But to answer your question, yes. I do believe I will find her, it is a matter of time.

You know you are on the precipice of greatness when you feel joy, fear, and the butterflies of change all at the same time.