View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - November 13th 2009, 02:15 AM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
My sexuality changes with the weather, I swear. Sometimes I identify as gay, sometimes pansexual, bi-sexual, I feel sexuality is very fluid. Homoflexible is my favorite term I usually explain myself as. Mostly gay with exceptions though. =)
2.At what age did you first start questioning?
Probably around 15. I questioned fairly late compared to the rest of my LGBT friends.
3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
Honestly, a game of Truth or Dare. I had never identified as 'straight' but never thought about being otherwise.
4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
I haven't yet had a serious relationship with someone of the same sex.
5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
It wasn't a huge "aha" moment. I just was like, whoa, I like girls, I'd prefer to marry a girl. At the end of the day, I want to go to bed with a girl. And that was that.
5.When did "come out"
Honestly, every day for the rest of my life I'll have to come out. I came out to my parents about a year ago. Some of my friends know, but now I'm at the point where if you ask, I'll tell you the truth. Otherwise I will sport my rainbow and gay pride shit. <3
6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
Some people do treat me differently. My parents were a bit iffy at first but now they're right behind me in the political world and the general LGBT community.
7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Basically that it's okay to question. You don't need a label. It's okay to be whoever you are. You'll still be loved whether you're straight, gay, or anywhere on the spectrum.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.