Thread: Triggering (SH): Addiction to pain?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 11,565, Level: 15 Points: 11,565, Level: 15 Points: 11,565, Level: 15

Re: Addiction to pain? - November 20th 2009, 01:21 PM

Cassiel,
Welcome to TH! =]
Not trying to bring you down, but depending on how you look at it, some will consider that SH, because you are still giving yourself the feeling of pain. Sorry, if that does, I do not mean it to and personally do not consider it like that. I pick scabs because I can't stand scabs in general so I pick them.
Anyways, it is better because you aren't like cutting yourself with a knife so it's less dangerous for you, but there are still bad factors in it.
Uhm, I do think it still could be a problem though because eventually you may want to feel more and more pain until it begins getting out of control.
Personally, I have self-harmed for about five years as well and it was very bad for about three years then almost two years nearly never did anything and then recently everything's building up again and getting worse again. And yes, there is a reason I went into this. Mostly, because I don't want the same thing to happen to you.
If you ever want to talk, let me know. It doesn't have to be serious, but I'm always available to talk with people. =]
Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.