View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19

Re: Raped and pregnant - December 7th 2009, 03:52 PM

Tell your parents. I know you think they may feel disappointed but they'll just be concerned that you were raped and most likely wont blame you at all. Not only will they be able to provide emotional support they may also support you if you want to go to the police about this. I can't stress this last point enough, tell your parents! After all, they'll find out at some point and will then be disappointed that you didn't trust them enough to confide in them.

Make sure you at least attempt to get your ex-boyfriend prosecuted for this. Not only will it provide closure it will also protect any girls he may come accross in the future. The longer you leave it the less chance you will have of a successful prosecution.

On the topic of abortion, if you tell your parents they may be willing to provide the money for it. If not then can you contact your doctor confidentially and talk about your options? Don't listen to the people telling you not to get one and that it is morally wrong. Abortion is morally ambiguous at worst and in your case I personally feel it's morally justified, in your shoes I know I'd want to get one too. If you think it is the best course of action then that's your decision and I think you should do what you think is best. It's your body so don't let anyone else tell you what to do with it. Just think it through and make sure that what you're doing is not something you will regret, other than that don't let other people guilt trip you into making the wrong decision.
However I must urge you not to consider any "back-alley" abortion type situations, these are incredibly dangerous and could result in your death or permanent harm.

Edit: Woops, didn't see that this was an old thread that'd been bumped up.