View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15

Re: How do you know when you need to see a doctor? - December 11th 2009, 07:55 PM

I was recently going through a rough patch where I really thought I was depressed. My symptoms were:

I was having overwhelming feelings of stress, loneliness, sadness, and anxiety. I felt like a horrible mother and wife, and was paranoid that my husband was going to leave me any day because I couldn't see why he would want to be with me. I barely had the energy to watch after my son, and would make my husband watch him pretty much every minute he was home. I just didn't feel like I could handle his fussiness anymore. I would cry over any and every little thing, and would get mad just as easily. Generally, I just didn't feel like the same person.

But after a couple weeks the feelings went away and I feel like I used too.

I think everyone can recognize their own symptoms of depression. If your weepy, emotional, exhausted, and basically just don't feel like you, your probably having symptoms of depression. I think its all just in how long those feelings last. If they've been there for a month or more and just don't seem like they are going to go away, I'd definitely see someone.