View Single Post
  (#44 (permalink)) Old
TrustingThePain Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brianne

Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15 Points: 11,686, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 14th 2009, 12:38 AM

Okay, to the best of my ability on a blackberry...
1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
Bisexual female, married to a man.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?
Age 8

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
Hmm, well at first it was just a passing notice, wow that girl is attractive, her eyes are pretty, she has an amazing voice... Then I was pregnant and dating this guy... Who was not the father (long story)... But I had this female(who has recently FTM) friend who I hung out with a lot at our mutual friends house. One night she kissed me, I kissed back. For a while I was like well she mentally is a boy so maybe that is how I see her. Then the guy and I broke up and our other mutual friend and I became closer... Nothing ever happened serious with the first girl(boy?) Anyway, so this girl and I started dating, we went to a very small private school(there were 10 people in our class at the end of the year, only 6 of which were boys... Only 3 of us were actually 8th graders!) Well it was real big gossip and through the gossiping boys I decided I was a lesbian. I started a new school the next year... We continued to date but we also dated boys to appease our parents. We drifted apart after a few years. I decided when I was 15 that I was just bi.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I tried to not be attracted to girls... Or to not be attracted to boys... I didn't work, I couldn't pick so here I sit straddling the sexuality fence.

6.When did you "come out"
My eighth grade(13) principal outed me... She came up to my moms truck at pick up and said, 'your daughter thinks she is a lesbian'! (In that class we had 1 straight girl, 2 bi/lesbians, and 1 transgender FTM! The boys were so lonely, but quite entertained.) Then I told a hand full of my siblings when I was 15.

7.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
Um... like I said my mother just kinda found out. The only children she has are my big sister (lesbian), my other big sister (FTM) myself(lesbian at the time) and my baby sister(now bisexual) who was only 7 at the time... She reacted by being very cool about it until vacation were she sat on the dock crying... 'This is all the grand kids I'm gunna have one! Four kids! On grand baby!' Then she turned to Annie and said 'Are you a lesbian too?!' Lol now she has 7 almost 8!
My 2 big sisters already knew... They had a bet going, Randy won. I never told my baby sis, she was there for moms break down. She was fine with it even before she knew she was too.
I also told my gay brother. He was all proud.
My friends mimicked me in high school so I tried not to tell them, I just did and hoped it didn't affect their sexuality.
No one I have ever intentionally told has had a bad reaction... That being said, I don't think I will tell my FRG ladies! Lol.

8.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Question away, it is normal and natural, don't let others force you into their neat little categories, be you.

Let the attempting conception begin!
(In June 2010)

Military Spouse, Toughest Job In the Military!