View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
molliegym Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Points: 11,589, Level: 15 Points: 11,589, Level: 15 Points: 11,589, Level: 15

Re: I need more music :) my ipod looks lonely - December 14th 2009, 07:02 PM

If you like 30STM, at least their older stuff- try Angels and Airwaves (their bassist Matt Wachter used to be in 30STM). They're amazing, and you might like them.

Switchfoot is a good suggestion. Also check out Plain White Ts, All Time Low (PWTs and ATL are both kinda pop-rock), and Lifehouse (I guess similar to Switchfoot... sorta alternative, I think they're technically Christian but they're awesome whatever you believe in). If you like pop-punk (I'm not sure if I'd call most pop-punk "uplifting" but in general it's just great, upbeat music), check out Blink-182 (the albums "Dude Ranch", "Enema of The State", and "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" in particular), New Found Glory, some of the older stuff by Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, Mest (I recommend the albums "Destination Unknown" and "Wasting Time"). Oh, and Sugarcult is great, too- they're powerpop/alternativeish (some people say they're pop-punk although I'm not sure I agree with that description). You might like The Goo Goo Dolls and Cute is What We Aim For.

If you don't mind music that's a little "older", check out Tom Petty (rock), Oasis (rock, definitely very Beatles-influenced- you might like the album "Don't Believe The Truth"), and Cheap Trick (powerpop/pop-rock).

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/MOLLYH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]A few clicks will help @TWLOHA win $1 Million for suicide prevention. Please share this with others. Vote here:http://bit.ly/7si7Be

My music

I never conquered, rarely came
Tomorrow holds such better days

Check out my blog, Cold Fusion, with music news, reviews, and other related musings.