View Single Post
  (#49 (permalink)) Old
Amélie Offline
formerly rainbowblood
Not a n00b

Name: Emy

Points: 10,930, Level: 15 Points: 10,930, Level: 15 Points: 10,930, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - December 15th 2009, 04:13 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
Queer. Not lesbian or bisexual. Queer... I like girls. Occasionally I am attracted to a guy, but this is becoming increasingly seldom.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?
Very young.. 8? But it wasnt so much questioning as it was just knowing I was a bit different. When I was 14-15 and knew what being gay was, that was when I really started questioning.

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
When I was in highschool I didnt find any guys attractive.. Then I got a crush on my friend, and then a crush on another girl in school. And then I got a huge crush on this other girl.. Also, I had a couple sex dreams with girls and that helped me realize what these feelings were..

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
Havent really yet

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
When I kissed girls it felt better than kissing guys. I was attracted to girls... pretty much the same as answer #3

5.When did "come out"
Havent fully yet. When I was in grade 10 I told a couple friends I liked girls and guys. Then in grade 12 I told another friend that I was queer.
But thats all so far.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different?
They were really supportive. Havent treated me differently at all. Pretty much everything is the same.

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
Just let things happen, experiment. Dont worry too much about a label right now; it will come eventually. For now, just experiment, allow yourself to feel attracted to whoever you are attracted too.

"Farewells can be shattering, but returns are surely worse. Solid flesh can never live up to the bright shadow cast by its absense."
-Margaret Atwood