View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,170, Level: 15 Points: 11,170, Level: 15 Points: 11,170, Level: 15

Re: well, i have an addiction to this too - December 16th 2009, 04:26 AM

It's all in your mind, in my opinion.

I had a horrible internet addiction. I'd come home from school and hop straight onto the computer where I'd spend the rest of the evening.. into the wee hours of the morning. My grades were slipping because I would neglect my homework to spend some time on MSN and BEBO and simply playing games. Sometimes, I'd spend my time simply staring at my contacts list on MSN, not talking to anyone. I didn't think I'd ever stop feeling the need to be on the internet at all times.. It sounds really petty but it was affecting the way I did things - it got to a point where I would threaten to kill myself if my parents took the modem away (and I probably would have -.-)

I forbade myself from using the internet for two weeks. Slowly.. I increased the time period for which I would not use it. Today, I'm back to using the internet.. but only if and when I need to / or am bored. I don't feel the need to use it anymore.

Make a pact with yourself. Tell yourself that you are not to cut for a few months. When you get there, keep pushing the time period out. After all, the slightest slip-up will drag you back to the beginning. It's all in your mind. If you tell yourself to do something, with the time and effort, you will be able to. Distract yourself from any thoughts of cutting. When you feel a really strong need to, tell someone you trust. They will help you keep your mind off it.

It's not something that you can let yourself do in "moderation". I would never encourage that you cut yourself. Just, stay strong and get help if you need it.

I'm always here if you need to talk.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥