View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Wishbone Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14

Re: Lonely and Hopeless - December 20th 2009, 08:56 AM

I must be honest, I never felt that way. Although, I feel though I know the battle. I have been in the same situation for a prolonged amount of time. The first person I claimed to be a friend joined a group of kids who pushed me away from him. My parents were worried about me, but did not know what to do. And I was powerless to know how to break out of this shell. If your parents ignore you more they may not be worrying less. In my case it was this distance that coincided with the time when my parents were seeking help from doctors. I will not suggest your case is the same, because I cannot describe your case, or what your parents are doing, only my own. For me, I had a ravine directly behind my backyard and would take walks. I accepted the belief there was nobody to talk to. And I became reclusive, even comfortable with not having anyone else. This was not a healthy choice. I have come to understand it is better to talk to someone, but you might, as I did, not know how. I did know I had things I enjoyed, and did not need anyone for me to learn them. I found by focusing my attention away from my isolation and on to my hobbies, like stamps at the time and soon scouts, I felt better. And feeling better helped me to accept people into my life because I was not afraid to talk to them. Do you have something you enjoy? Tell me, I will reply again when I can.