View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: U.S. soldiers in Iraq could face courts-martial for getting pregnant - December 23rd 2009, 08:57 AM

Honestly, I think that soldiers that choose to violate this order are either selfish, careless, or cowardly. I'm sure I will take some flack for that statement, and I am quite okay with that. The simple fact is that when you join the military, you are protecting not only the American people but the soldiers you fight along side of as well. If a soldier gets pregnant (or gets a soldier pregnant) simply to get redeployed to a non-combat area, it is a big slap in the face to their fellow soldiers in my opinion. Court-marshal material, no, but they should certainly be ashamed of themselves.

If the pregnancy is the result of carelessness, it is just as deplorable in my opinion. I'm not saying that soldiers should be denied pleasure by any means. They deserve it just as much as the rest of us. However, putting one's pleasure ahead of the good/cohesiveness of the unit is completely and utterly selfish, in my opinion.

Ok, my rant is over... Feel free to have open season on me as I'm sure my views will offend a great many on here.