View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Wishbone Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14 Points: 9,622, Level: 14

Re: U.S. soldiers in Iraq could face courts-martial for getting pregnant - December 26th 2009, 03:27 AM

what a terrible misfortune if a female soldier were raped and impregnated, regrettably silent on the matter, to then be punished for having a child. It would be an even greater incentive to see justice to her attacker immediately would it not. This subject is unfair to women i feel, because it is only to women a child can be carried. A man does not have the same foreseeable conclusion. In my mind, going with the tradition of old stating no woman shall be present on the battlefield, we should compromise in recent years to allow women the luxury of leaving the army to have a child without worry of criticism. After all, the child may one day take her place, or perhaps even grow up to end the war through diplomacy.

To throw in a bit of humor.. i panicked greatly after i highlighted the entire message, turned it into a smiley by mistake, and hit the back button on my browser instead of undo.. luckily my message was in preview still