View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: To those who have experience with medication/therapy.. - December 29th 2009, 02:05 PM

Hey there.

Firsty i think it is really good you are taking the step and getting help. Thearpy normally comes first before medication, inless they feel you need both to help you more. You can go to your doctor who can prescribe you medication and will be able to refer you to thearapy. You can have private councilling if you prefer too. All types of medications work differently on all different people. So dont let the things you read on the internet etc, make you think no i dont want this if thats what it does. Ive been on prozac three times, and all three times i have had no problems. My sister how ever, suffered really bad stomache pains when she was put on them. Some people will have side affects, others wont, but you will have meetings with the person who put you on the medication to see if its working, wha affects its having, ect, and if they feel its not working for you, or if you have side affects, they will take yoiu of the medication, and they may try another type. They work with you to find the right medication.

I hope everything goes okay
- Jess x

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018