(#28 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Sex and Religion - January 1st 2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael. View Post
By free will she has the ability to choose between right and wrong. In all respect sir, she came asking a question about the Bible, not mere mans interpretation of life and that is what I have given, if I do not warn her of what the Bible says that would make me a liar, but perhaps that is what I ought to do in your opinion.
No, that is not my opinion. My opinion is that if she adheres to the same line of thinking and interpretations as you do about the Bible, then sure, tell her of what the bible says, I have no problem with that. I have a problem though when you say you want to lead her to Christ, as that is something one should find by themselves without the influence of others. I even said in previous posts that god would hate her for what she did so in that sense, I'm supporting part of what you're saying.

Quote:
When I say "we" I mean all people. Not just Christians. All people are hopeless apart from Christ and incapable of Heaven.
This is the part where I have a problem with what you're saying, as you're pushing your belief onto others, saying that no matter what one believes, you're doomed unless you follow my way. That is garbage. I have my own beliefs and I sure as hell don't need Christ to help me out. You can tell other Christians they need Christ and that's fine but don't go about and ignore what other people believe simply to push your belief onto them. People believe different things and no, not all people who don't believe in Christ are doomed. The point of this is as follows: your belief, like my belief is subjective, don't make it factual because it isn't factual.

Quote:
Christ said Himself, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me."
Wonderful argument, use a passage from a book of Christianity to support Christianity [/sarcasm].

Quote:
I did not find Christ, He found me by sending a servant to me. I did not "accept" Christ, He accepted me through His death and resurrection and shutting me up through His school master, the law, and humbled me to the point where He made me realize through His Spirit that I deserve eternal punishment, but then seeing that Christ had fulfilled my punishment and apart from Him, I am doomed.
If that's your belief, that's fine with me. If you think you're doomed without Christ, fine with me. However, when you tell a "non-believer" that they're doomed and they should accept your way, then you're belittling them and preaching to them. I'll speak for myself when I say that when someone tells me my belief is wrong when they have NO evidence and preach to me, I'm not a fan of that. There's a difference between expressing one's beliefs and preaching one's beliefs while going "lalala, I don't care what you believe because my book says I'm right so you're wrong regardless of what your book says". Sound fair and just? Not at all.