Thread: Triggering (Grieving): Cousin Grieving and I'm unsure how to help..
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Points: 11,691, Level: 15 Points: 11,691, Level: 15 Points: 11,691, Level: 15

Cousin Grieving and I'm unsure how to help.. - January 3rd 2010, 06:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm really really not sure this is in the right section but my cousin recently experienced a death in the family (unrelated to me..) and I want to help him so bad but distance prevents me from physically being there for him and due to money issues/travel issues/ time issues/ and all that.. I can't go visit him to be there for him.

He's not acting like himself though and I want to help him but I have no idea what to say to him and everytime I do say something that I think will help he just says "thanks" or "haha thanks" and I'm not quite sure it's helping. If he keeps saying that do I let it drop? I tried to go onto another conversation but he didn't want to and at first he didn't want to talk about it at all but he opened up a little. Plus if this conversation ends.. and I go to talk to him another time, can I ask how he's doing without bringing him up or should I just start a normal conversation or I'm so confused and in so much pain for him. He was really close to his grandfather and he saw the body and he thought the body was going to be covered..

What do I say? I feel so miserable. I told him he could call me or text me or whatever and he said thanks but I still feel so bad..
I don't know what to do.. the only thing I can do is sit here and try to help him and be there for him right?? That feels so incredibly wrong!! Please help..