View Single Post
  (#60 (permalink)) Old
PsychoAnalytical Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucian

Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the LGBT communtiy - January 12th 2010, 08:19 PM

1.How would you describe your current sexuality?
I am a transgender/transman. I am gay, but I can (and did) fall for women too; however I'm not a fan of the lower female area.

2.At what age did you first start questioning?
I became uncertain of my sexuality in 10th grade. I really liked this sweet girl but I wasn't sure if I liked girls physically, so I began wondering. As for my transgender label, I declared to my mom at five years old that I wanted to be a boy. I never really questioned, I kind of just knew.

3.What events lead up to the point where you decided you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
Like I said previously, I always knew I was a trans, but I officially established it after a talk with my second cousin and a reeeeally nice psyhologist friend of her brother's. As for being gay, well I was always attracted to boys, but, again, talking with some people helped establish my orientation as gay.

4.When was your first relationship with someone the same sex?
When I was 18 I had my first real relationship. I've kissed and dated girls and guys before that though.

5.How did you finally conclude/know that you where lesbian/gay/bi/trans?
I always knew I was trans. I just felt that way, and a recent relationship made this concrete-I entered it as a female to try it out, but soon became very agitated because I was being viewed as/treated like a girl (understandably) but I'm not. As for being gay, I've always heavily leaned towards guys, and with the knowledge of my trans-identification my liking of guys was thus classified as gay. However, I've liked a couple of girls, which led me to my "homoflexible" identification

5.When did you "come out"?
When I was five and again when I was 12 or 13 to my parents. 13 to my friends at the time and since then I "come out" to most of my friends.

6.How did your friends and family act when they heard? Did people treat you different? Nope. I think mom is uncomfortable with it, because she doesn't say anything, but she'll take me out to buy boxers and stuff. Dad's completely cool with it and we discuss it openly from time to time. My brother's whatever about it. My friends are totally cool with it (I hang around with open-minded people).

7.Any tips for those who are still questioning?
You just have to feel it out. Don't be pressured into anything. Experiment, contemplate and you'll figure it out. No rush.