View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Points: 14,343, Level: 17 Points: 14,343, Level: 17 Points: 14,343, Level: 17

Re: New Medication? - March 9th 2010, 07:15 PM

well it honestly depends on what your asking, so if your asking when you will notice that this medication isnt working and your having manic episodes, then it depends on the person, how their body handles the medication, it can take a day, it can take weeks,months it can even take a few hours, with me, i take a lot of different medication mostly for pain, there is one drug i am on called gabapentin(neurontin) and when i started taking it i had to take it every day twice and i was told that it has to build up in my system in order for it to start working, that was 8 years ago. it honestly depends on the person and their body, i hope that my advice helps, good luck with the medication and i hope you find a medication that works for you and that wont effect your mood stableizer.

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.