View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Disaster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aimee

Points: 9,040, Level: 13 Points: 9,040, Level: 13 Points: 9,040, Level: 13

Disability Living Allowance. - March 14th 2010, 04:29 PM

Okay, so I'm going to talk about Disability Living Allowance.

I'm in the process of my M.E being confirmed, I was diagnosed last year with it, and it needs to be confirmed, unfortunately, I have a shit doctor, once again, so I've wrote a letter to him & I see him tomorrow, so I'll give him this letter, & hopefully he'll be able to fill in one of the forms on my DLA papers & confirm I have M.E so I can claim Disability for it(finally, after a year and nearly 4 months of suffering!)

I'm in the process of applying for DLA(for not only my medical illness, but also my mental health illnesses/disorders & emotional instability, all of which are severe) & I'll be filling in the forms over the next few days, they are very long & I'm getting worse physically, & mentally I'm struggling severely, so it'll take me quite a while to fill them all in & get it all sorted.

I've discovered I'm eligable for Higher rate for Mobility & Middle-Higher rate for Care.

This means I'll be able to get a wheelchair from NHS for free & permanently if I'm on Higher rate for Mobility.

This would mean so much more freedom for me.

I'd also be getting an income, which would help me a lot financially, as I can't work, or go to college, or anything due to my severe health.

I'm going to be using this thread for the following;

• Updating about the process of confirming my diagnosis
  • Updating about the process of filling the DLA forms in, how I felt filling them in, any doubts/concerns, my feelings about it all, etc
  • Updating about the process of the DLA being reviewed and hopefully accepted
  • Updating (if it's accepted) about what type of allowance I'll be getting, and what level of care/mobility I'm going to be at
  • Updating about doctor appointments, how they went, what happened, how I feel about what's happened, etc

Thanks for reading, I hope I can get support & any suggestions from this thread.

x