View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Disability Living Allowance. - March 14th 2010, 05:07 PM

Hey, i'm on the higher rate of DLA for care and mobility so i know how annoying it is filling out those insanely long forms [persevere though - it's worth it!]

just thought i'd ask if you've considered applying for employment and support allowance. if you are unable to work [which it sounds like you are] then you can get this as well as DLA. it works out at about £120 per week so it's definitely worth looking into. i wasn't told about ESA until a few months ago so i missed out on getting quite a bit of money which is annoying.

also, your parents can get a reduction in their council tax if you're on DLA.. you just need an assessment and it's pretty easy to sort out.

if you phone up jobcentre plus they can talk you through any other allowances you may be entitled to as well. i was lucky in that i had/have a CLIC sargent social worker who basically sorted everything out for me. just a tip, when filling out the forms you need to fill it out with info of how you are on your worst days.

one last thing, if you do get the higher rate or DLA then you can get a car for free or for a small downpayment on the motability scheme. either for you or your parents depending on how old you are. the motability scheme is amazing, google it and look into it, seriously.. it saves loads of money!

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..