Elf Offline
flying and skying
Not a n00b

Name: Anne

Points: 10,108, Level: 14 Points: 10,108, Level: 14 Points: 10,108, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - January 28th 2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
For the girls; have you ever been "the other woman"? Would you ever? Why?
No, but I've fallen for taken guys a lot. including the guy I like right now. His girlfriend is terrible to him, bullies him constantly, just in general treats him like shit. I've always been very nice to him, and he (in addition to all of our friends) makes a lot of jokes about how I'm his only friend/the only person who actually cares about him. People constantly tease me about how we're going to get married (they don't even know that I like him...)

It's gotten to the point where he is unbearably sweet to me (always looks for me, is very friendly in general, makes a ridiculous number of jokes). He's gotten to be quite touchy, too; he gives me these great bear hugs every time he sees me (lifts me up in the air, talks into my ear, holding onto me afterwards- even when we stop hugging, he keeps his hands on my waist). He's always putting an arm around my shoulder or touching my waist or resting his head on me and just stays quite close.

Nothing major has happened with us, it's stayed at a just-friends level in all aspects, but it's very confusing. He is the way he is, but always goes back to his girlfriend at the end of the day. I never know what he wants... But yes, that's about the extent of my experience as anything close to the other woman. I can understand why girls would do it, unfortunately, but hopefully I never get into anything serious like that myself. It's a painful and messy and unfair situation all around.

be thankful for what you have
and you'll end up having more.