Thread: Triggering: Abortion???
View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 04:59 AM

I am very strongly pro-life. I personally do not believe that abortion is justified in any case (except potentially in a case when the pregnancy causes severe danger to the health of the mother). That being said, I would be willing to compromise and allow it in the cases of rape and incest if it meant that it would otherwise be banned. I personally still would disagree with those cases from a moral standpoint, but it is a compromise I would be willing to make. The reason I disagree with it is because even in those cases, I think that it is ending the life of one (innocent) human being because of the decisions of another.

What it comes down to for me is that I see it as killing a human being. The baby/fetus has human DNA and is a separate life form from its mother. What more is necessary for it to be human? The question boils down to when life begins, and as I see it you really have two choices: at conception, or we don't know when it begins. I highly doubt that most people would condone a doctor "aborting" a baby at 9 months as it was being "born," but if we want to say humanity begins at birth then that should be just fine because it hasn't "emerged" from its mother. Does life begin when a heart forms? When eyes form? No one can agree on when life begins, just look at how abortion laws have developed. So, like I said, the options are either at conception or "we don't know." If we don't know, how can we morally feel ok with ending what might possibly be a life?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.