Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: breast feeding in public - April 6th 2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I don't know about other countries, but in the US we have places called public bathrooms...and they're pretty discrete places to do your business...not gonna lie. If I have to urinate, I won't stand up and piss in the vase with the pretty flowers or the ash tray...I will relieve myself in the bathroom. Public bathrooms work out pretty nice because let's assume that your baby is crying because it's hungry. You just gonna whip out your boob in front of people while they're eating their meal? Since society isn't used to that sort of thing, it's like the equivalence of a woman taking her shirt off when she has a bra. Like my grandmother for instance...I walked into the kitchen one day while my grandmother was lifting up her shirt, and even IF she had a bra on...I was still devastated.

Most places, as far as I know, have public restrooms. Is there any reason why you would breast feed in public when you can walk to a bathroom that's probably on the other side of the room and less than a minute of walking? If you went to a restaurant that didn't have a public bathroom, I'd file a complaint against the restaurant because public bathrooms are pretty much required. And then go up to the manager, throw my tits out and use them as milk machine guns and say "SUCK ON THIS MOTHA FUCKA"
That's a very easy thing to say... try being a breastfeeding mom and actually doing that.

When I was breastfeeding I had to be sitting somewhere with arm rests, or pile up a crap load of pillows around me. You have to be in almost perfect position to get the baby latched on just right. It'd be hard enough sitting on a bench or something... how in the heck am I supposed to breastfeed a baby in the restroom? Sitting on a toilet? Standing up in a stall? Impossible.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.