View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dement View Post

I didn't say the pro-choice arguement didn't have holes, I just think that the pro-life one has more. I think that the mother has the ultimate decision because its her that has to carry the baby for 9 months, her who has to go through labour, her who would end up with the baby in the end and if she doesn't want a baby then I personally think it's better off if the woman aborts it. Different people believe different things about whether the baby should have the right to live over what the mother wants so I think they should be able to choose according to what they believe.
So what if a person believes that you should be able to abandon a baby in the wilderness as a form of "aborting" it, a la the ancient Greeks? It is the woman that would have to care for the baby, to carry the financial burden, etc..

Having the belief that you should be able to kill a human being (speaking from a genetic standpoint the baby/fetus is human) doesn't make it morally right to do so. If I believe that I should be able to kill another adult, it doesn't make it right, but under that reasoning it should be ok.