View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
So should parents be able to kill their non-infant children? I have a hard time going with your line of reasoning, because that is the logical conclusion with that line of thought.
Of course that's not what I'm saying. And it's hardly a logical conclusion. Having a baby and then killing it because you don't want it anymore is different. In that case, you can give it up for adoption. But when you're pregnant, you can't give the fetus to someone else. The only choice is to abort it if you are incapable of carrying it to term (for physical or emotional reasons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
If you will notice, I did say earlier that in cases where it causes serious health risks for the mother I would be ok with it. At that point, I don't see it as "abortion" so much as making a choice of saving the life of the mother at the expense of the child, as not doing it would potentially kill both.
Except it is still abortion. You can't say that it's not just because you think that scenario is okay. My point is that you can't say abortion is wrong if you agree with it in some circumstances.

Also, "health risks" are not just physical. So are you saying that you would be okay with abortion in a situation where the mother and/or child would seriously suffer emotionally? Like rape? Or even in a situation where the woman is young and would be kicked out of home if she were to not have an abortion?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.