View Single Post
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
Except it is still abortion. You can't say that it's not just because you think that scenario is okay. My point is that you can't say abortion is wrong if you agree with it in some circumstances.
The procedure is the same, that much is true, but the reasons and situation are completely different. If a mother will die without a medication, but the medication can harm or kill the baby, I give the mother the medication. It's the same principle in a different circumstance. It is saving the life of the mother at the expense of the life of the child, which I view as completely different. It is not simply a mother choosing that her life is to difficult to have a child.

And, as far as my comment on your line of reasoning, using that line of reasoning DOES lead to that conclusion logically. There are much better ways to make that argument.

Like I said earlier, what it comes down to for me is ending an innocent human life, which I think is wrong. Would the child choose a hard life over no life? We don't know, how about we give them that choice?