(#30 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25 Points: 30,075, Level: 25

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
So what if a person believes that you should be able to abandon a baby in the wilderness as a form of "aborting" it, a la the ancient Greeks? It is the woman that would have to care for the baby, to carry the financial burden, etc..

Having the belief that you should be able to kill a human being (speaking from a genetic standpoint the baby/fetus is human) doesn't make it morally right to do so. If I believe that I should be able to kill another adult, it doesn't make it right, but under that reasoning it should be ok.
That's really not what I was trying to say. I meant that just because some people believe babies should have the right to live despite what the mother wants/needs that doesn't mean that people who don't believe that should be forced to not have an abortion. Does that make more sense? I don't think I explained clearly the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
If you will notice, I did say earlier that in cases where it causes serious health risks for the mother I would be ok with it. .
So you are actually pro-choice then, since you do believe that at times it is ok to have an abortion? People who are Pro-life disagree with abortion full stop. You are either pro-life or you aren't.

PM // VM