Thread: Triggering: Abortion???
View Single Post
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Abortion??? - April 6th 2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dement View Post

It is if you are pro-life because pro-life is saying you think abortion is wrong full stop and shouldn't be carried out..it's not "I think abortion is wrong but actually this time we should let them do it". Pro choice however is believing that people should have to right to choose what they want to do in their circumstance.

I totally agree with this. Also with pro choice a lot of people say they do not necessarily think that it is something they would do but they believe that they do not have the right to take the choice away from other woman.

What if a 14 year old girl is told constantly by her father and brother that she is a whore. She begins to feel unlovable, worthless and stupid. Said 14 year old girl meets an older boy who tells her 'you are beautiful, wonderful, and I love you'. The 14 year old girl falls in love and thinks that having sex is the right choice for her. The 14 year old falls pregnant. Her father happens to be physically abusive as well. If he were to find out she were pregnant she would be beaten severely and possibly killed. So the said 14 year old girl gets an abortion. She feels bad about it to an extent but she also knows what would have happened if she kept the baby. Do we have the right to force this child to give birth to a child? Do we have the right to force this broken child who was looking for nothing other than love to tell her abusive father that she is pregnant?

Now, imagine that this what if situation happened years ago when abortion were illegal. This little girl goes to get a back alley abortion and ends up having all types of complications. She can never have any kids ever again. Is that right? What would happen if abortion were made illegal again? More scared little girls would go out and get a back alley abortion. I don't think that is right either.

This 14 year old is a broken child. Someone who believes she is worthless. Someone who believes no one will/would ever love them. This 14 year old didn't know right from wrong. She made a mistake. She slept with a person because she thought sex=love. She couldn't possibly take care of a baby or herself. She couldn't tell her father because he would beat her severely. Kick her out. Kill her. What is she supposed to do? She is trapped and alone...