View Single Post
  (#122 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: breast feeding in public - April 7th 2010, 12:33 PM

Wow I leave this thread for a few hours, and its gotten completely ridiculous lol. Two pages of this thread aren't even on topic, just randomly attacking people.

Anyway, I don't feel like quoting a million post so I'll just say...

Women can breastfeed discreetly in public... even though some don't agree with hiding it with a blanket, I do. It's a great way to be able to sit in public and still breastfeed without being offensive. My son didn't make obnoxious smacking sounds while breastfeeding. But, that's not even a relevant point. What about noisy sloppy eaters? They make more noise in a restaurant than a little 3 month old.

The bathroom is just not an option... Its not even about cleanliness, its about comfort. It's practically impossible to feed a baby sitting on a toilet seat. I would spend about 15 minutes just trying to get in a good position on a couch with a bunch of pillows so my son could be comfortable enough to latch on correctly.

You can't even compare masturbating and urinating in public to breastfeeding... if you could, every place would have a designated breastfeeding room. Kind of like that bathroom place that's there for you to pee and... I guess.. masturbate in.

Most mothers who are breastfeeding won't switch between bottle and breast. It can be harmful and confusing for baby. I and others have said this.

It doesnt matter if you find it beautiful or not... its a part of life. When people pick their noses or fart, its offensive to me. But, they are still going to do it in public.

Babies won't wait even 20 minutes to eat. When they are hungry you better feed them. My sons screaming will get worse and worse until he can barely breathe. Wouldnt that be worse than 15 minutes of a woman breastfeeding?

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

Last edited by Jocelyn.; April 7th 2010 at 12:51 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.