Thread: Triggering: Abortion???
View Single Post
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount64

Edit avatar

Re: Abortion??? - April 7th 2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
Forcing a woman to carry a baby for 40 weeks when she had no say in its conception (ie. rape) is taking someone's life away. It may not be permanent, but that woman would be forced to give up almost an entire year of her life for something that was done to her. She has to suffer numerous, unpleasant pregnancy symptoms. She has to take days off work to deal with morning sickness etc., doctor's appointments. She has to take weeks, maybe months off, in maternity leave. If she isn't getting paid for that, how exactly is she supposed to take care of herself? And what about the cost of all the medical bills? She has to give up her time and money for something that a rapist did?

If you get raped, the rapist is the criminal there. A woman shouldn't be accused of being a murderer for trying to cope and not wanting to have a baby that reminds them constantly of one of the most horrible experiences of their life.
Yes I agree that the poor woman carrying the child of their rapist is having a year of their life taken away. And it is awful, I agree, but one year of your life being taken away, versus stopping anentire life coming into the world? I'd take the year of suffering, not the lifetime of guilt thanks x