View Single Post
  (#56 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Abortion??? - April 7th 2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRoxS9 View Post
Don't attack me!! I've already said I'm not being insensitive as I have been a victim of sexual abuse. If I were raped and became pregnant, I wouldn't kill it because of the baby's father's crimes. That's kinda cruel don' you think, taking someones life for someones else's crimes? Adoption is the way to do things, not abortion, give the baby up for a family who will love it despite its violent beginning.
My ex's birth dad used to kick the shit out of him and his mum, but my ex didnt turn out to kick the shit out of others. There isn't a "rape gene" thats passed on or anything.
Abortion is murder. period.
I'm not attacking you. I'm disagreeing with your point of view, as well as everyone else who thinks like you. That's the point of debating... And I understand that you were sexually abused, but there is a huge difference between sexually abuse and becoming pregnant as a result of rape. I'm not trying to downplay what happened to you, but it isn't the same thing, and I do think you are being insensitive. And since you didn't respond to most of the points I made in my post, it seems like you aren't actually considering what I'm saying or what you're saying, you're just repeating the same things.

I think abortion is incredibly tragic. But in certain circumstances, it is far more preferably to the alternative. There are plenty of horror stories about foster homes. Would you like to place your child somewhere where they might get beaten up or sexually abused for years or would you rather give them a humane, painless death? There are an awful lot worse things you can do than taking someone's life away.

Abortion is not the same as murder. I believe in places where it is illegal, women don't actually get prosecuted for murder? It's a different crime, and regardless, putting scared and hurt women in the same category as hardcore criminals who murder for fun is just insensitive.

And like Darth Cara said, there are mental disorders that make people more likely to commit violent acts, that can be passed on, which is the point I was making in the first place. No, not everyone turns out like their parents, but if you thought there was the possibility of your child being a rapist, wouldn't you be a little too scared to take that risk?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.