Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: breast feeding in public - April 7th 2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You don't have to look to be in an awkward situation. For instance...my friends and I one time went to Waffle House where a crack whore was standing outside. She smelled like baby powder. She stood next to the entrance and asked for money, and when I continued walking inside, she called me a white boy. SO, my friends and I get our food...and she comes inside and just stares at me for a couple minutes. Doesn't say anything. I'm eating my waffles, enjoying my food, and I have a crack whore staring at me. She wasn't close by, but I'd keep looking and she'd be staring at me. If I didn't look, nothing would change the fact that she's still there looking at me. Looking away from a woman breastfeeding wouldn't do anything. The woman is still there, you acknowledge that she is there breastfeeding...you just continue to look in another direction. That acknowledgment isn't going to change anything, the only difference is that you're not looking at her. If you don't understand, let me put it in another concept:

Suppose you're sitting at a restaurant and you see these two dudes huddled up in a corner. You're pretty sure that they're making out, but you can't tell exactly what they're doing besides kissing. Would you just look away? Probably. Would it be awkward and would you still acknowledge that they are still there, making out and possibly touching each other even if you aren't looking at them? You can't clearly see what they're doing, and they're not doing anything to you, so if you'd be uncomfortable around them, why would you? If you're not used to seeing two dudes make out and touch each other in a restaurant, then it would be awkward and looking away isn't going to solve your problems.

To be fair, I'd feel awkward if it were a man and a woman going at it (I have to deal with couples making out in my eyeshot all the time in my sixth form). Would I like them to stop? Yes it'd be nice if they did but I'm not going to say they can't make out if they want to.

Also two people making out is hardly the same as a baby being fed. The baby needs to eat, do those people need to make out right then and there? Not really, I'm sure they can wait whereas a baby can't.