Thread: Triggering: Abortion???
View Single Post
  (#57 (permalink)) Old
her_beautiful_mistake Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21

Re: Abortion??? - April 7th 2010, 11:03 PM

I don't connect a 4 or even 10 week old feotus with a baby in my mind. The two do not connect. Obviously I am only talking with limited knowledge here since as I am not in the situation I can only hypothesise, but if I got pregnant I would defintley consider having an abortion. I'm not old enough to have a baby, I'm about to start medical school, I do not have a stable relationship, I am not financially secure. I'm not in the position in my life to raise a child. Right now, I would not be a good mother. I would defintley consider adoption but as I said, to me something the size of a full stop is not a baby in any way, shape, or form.

In our country the abortion limit is 24 weeks gestation. I was part of a campaign in my college to encourage the government to lower this to 18 or 20 weeks, something that will probably happen in the near future. I am completely pro-choice and support whatever decision the mother makes, but at after 18 weeks it's a different story for me. There have been studies showing feotus' can feel pain from 20 weeks, etc.

I can see why people would be opposed to abortion. I just don't agree with the logic behind it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you do not want to have an abortion, you do not have to. No one is going to force you to. Forcing somebody to carry and deliver a baby against their will though is something I would consider beyond cruel.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.