View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Points: 31,901, Level: 25 Points: 31,901, Level: 25 Points: 31,901, Level: 25

Re: General Election Homework - April 10th 2010, 10:10 PM

I picked Uni places as it is ridiculous right now. The amount of people applying in increasing while the amount of places is decreasing at the same rate. It is making it impossible to get in. Even if you can afford the fees and get an interview you might not get a place.

I also think Tuition is a problem but it is needed to keep the Uni going. Lib Dem are talking about getting rid of fees but I doubt this will work. The Uni wouldn't have as much money so the amount of places would decrease and the amount of people applying would increase as it is free. I think the fees should be reduced but I doubt the can be abolished completely. If you abolished tuition then funding would have to increase but where would that money come from when at the moment the country is giving all it's money to the bankers..?
I might be biased as the NHS will pay my fees so I don't have to worry about them, I can understand other people saying that is the biggest problem.

They are all important issues but fees and places affect me most. My boyfriend Mum would say class sizes as her daughter is deaf and if she goes to a mainstream school she needs a smaller class size (and a one to one tutor) to be able to achieve the best she can. Class sizes are increasing constantly so they are finding it difficult to find a high school for her.