emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: Abortion??? - April 10th 2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Yes, but the deaths or injury of thousands of women is the logical continuance of that belief.

That's like me saying "I believe that insulin should be illegal as it involves testing on animals, but I don't want diabetics to suffer or die". One is a necessary cause of the other. By believing that abortions should be made illegal you must therefore believe that thousands of women should be forced to resort to dangerous back-alley abortions. To want abortions made illegal AND for women not to die from backalley abortions is just wanting to have your cake and eat it too. Reality doesn't work like that.

You can dislike abortions, you can even hate abortions, but to think they should be made illegal is dangerous and, in my opinion, wrong.
Remember that pro-choice does not mean you like abortions, it means you think it should be legal. You can hate abortions and yet be pro-choice.
I dont think they should be ILLEGAL, i just think there has to be a good reason.
And yea I see what you mean by necessary cause, and yea it is true, but i just dont see how anyone could want for the mother to die, and when people say abortions should be illegal, i dont think they mean it in a way that they would rather women die.