(#294 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: breast feeding in public - April 17th 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCVBerg View Post
And yes, I think that if people in here were giving their input without knowing all of that, doing any research about why mothers want to breastfeed, or even bothering to learn anything about it, I think that they should probably not give too much input. If you're just here to say, "I don't want to see it... Gross!", you don't know anything about the matter and should probably not have a say. There's a reason why we don't let children vote for President... Because they know nothing about politics.
Sorry to break it to you, but this isn't the forum then that you want for this type of debate. As for doing research, here's a pretty interesting thing. Others, including yourself are/were breast-feeding pregnant mothers and for those on here who are not or are male, asking you is one great way to get research on the topic. But since we don't have the common ground immediately established that you seem to want, I don't know why you're here for this debate. I don't know if you're aware of this or if you are but for some reason don't go elsewhere for this particular debate.

So, let's start, you used to breastfeed because it's healthy for the baby and creates a closer mother-child bond. Any other reasons? What did collegues at work or the father have to say about it?