(#321 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19

Re: breast feeding in public - April 19th 2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashAttack View Post
You need to realise that this whole thing is natural, it needs to happen. You will understand that when you have a kid
So is urinating and bowel movements but I wouldn't suggest that they be done in public. At the very least people go behind a bush to partially obscure the view of what they're doing.
In much the same way women should just use a small blanket or breastfeeding top to cover what they're doing with breast feeding rather than just getting their breast/s out. It's simply polite.

Not to mention that breast milk can be bottled anyway. There really is no need to do it public anyway.

As for people doing it in restaurants, well (a) they could always have got a babysitter if they wanted to go out for a meal and (b) there is the option of bottled milk which is less likely to put people off their food. Then again I'm not a fan of babies in restaurants anyway as they just whine, cry and ruin the ambience.

I've not got any issues with breastfeeding, people can do it around me all they like but I think they should at least take notice of their surroundings in certain situations and take appropriate steps to make sure it's appropriate and/or discrete.