View Single Post
  (#326 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Points: 10,748, Level: 15 Points: 10,748, Level: 15 Points: 10,748, Level: 15

Re: breast feeding in public - April 19th 2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Not to mention that breast milk can be bottled anyway. There really is no need to do it public anyway.
Bringing back the argument of some mothers not wanting to use a bottle, or more the argument of nipple vs teet

Quote:
As for people doing it in restaurants, well (a) they could always have got a babysitter if they wanted to go out for a meal
But then there's the issue of how the baby gets fed, if the mother is against bottle feeding?

Quote:
(b) there is the option of bottled milk which is less likely to put people off their food. Then again I'm not a fan of babies in restaurants anyway as they just whine, cry and ruin the ambience.
Breast vs Bottle..... again..

I can understand not enjoying babies in restaurants, what with the crying, and everything, but new mothers/ mothers of young children enjoy a good meal too.

Quote:
Well for once adults don’t need a breast to eat. If I go to a nice restaurant to have lunch I don’t want to see the lady in the next table with her breast out trying to make her baby be quiet, parents need to know better than to bring a new born out to restaurants leave them with a baby sitter or with a family member. You can also pump your milk whenever you plan on going out.
Why shouldn't a mother take her child to a restaurant? especially a new born! I know very few mothers would be willing to leave there new born with a baby sitter just to go for a meal... I for one find that idea just plain scary!
I'm against bottle feeding unless absolutely necessary... as I have pointed out alot.
I don't want a bottle teat near my baby unless absolutely essential (see other posts for why) So if I want to go out for a meal, just for that little bit of escape and enjoyment, whats wrong with me (being as discreet as possible, without going against all I believe) feeding in public?

really a mother should try to be discreet (and I'm sure most are) but the general public who happen to witness a woman breastfeeding should be more understanding

Ticklish Tattoo!