PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16 Points: 13,011, Level: 16

Re: breast feeding in public - May 1st 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlora View Post
Seems to me you're just arguing for the sake of it now, since your opinion from the last page to this has went from one to the other.

In the end there is no right or wrong answer, a matter of opinion which you have to respect others for. If they don't like it? Fine.

You do have to consider everyone in this situation though. From my perspective I was trying to say that its also hard for the staff, they're running around enough, in busy restaurants the high chairs might make it harder for them to manouvre round the tables etc.

At the same time, if you're out having a civilised meal and someone brings their family, including a 4 year old who is misbehaving and causing a riot... its not the best atmosphere there either. Nor is a child crying in the background.

You get into routines with feeding children, you don't HAVE to feed them every hour or so, although it IS easier to judge how much they are actually taking when feeding from a bottle, it gets the child into a routine for later life.
I didn't change my opinion, I misunderstood Jack's original statement. In very, very fancy places most parents couldn't afford to go anyways, yes, bringing an infant is inappropriate. In normal restaurants it is completely acceptable.

And the example of the screaming 4 year-old happens all the time. No matter where you go in public, chances are there is going to be one unruly toddler making a fuss. Its so common that it just fades into the background.

Also, no restaurant staff have ever complained about my daughter's highchair being in the way. They've all been really nice.

When a baby is going through a growth spurt (mine seems to be in a constant growth spurt) it really does seem like you finish one feeding just in time to start the next. You don't make a feeding schedule for an infant. You go by their schedule. ie when they're hungry, you feed them.

The bottom line really is that it is illegal to force a woman to move, leave, or deny them services if they are breastfeeding.

Last edited by PhoenixAlive; May 1st 2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: weird text sizing