(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: I think my sister has an eating disorder - May 11th 2010, 10:01 PM

Hey there.

Firstly welcome to the site Secondly, i apologize if i repeat something someone else has already said.

My sister is seventeen and has been fighting anorexia for the past three years now. Im having problems with eating and purgeing too. Its really good of you that you're worried and that your trying to get advice on how to help her. Im sure that'll mean alot to her. I think, if like you said, you have spoken to her, the next step is seeking professinal help. This means going to the doctors or for her to see a nurse if shes in school or college. You can even go with her to support her. Im sure it will mean alot to her. You cant just get rid of an eating disorder, it will take time. However, she may be reffered to a dietition who will ensure shes getting the right vitimins etc and will most likly weigh her to ensure she doesnt become seriously underweight. Chances are if she does become serisoudlt underweight and becomes ill, she may neet to go to hospital. This may be a general hispital if she needs medical attention or it may be a psych unit where they will keep on eye on her, give her emotinal support and will put her on a diet plan to make sure she is eating the right amount etc. However, if it doesnt come to that point she may also be reffered to an eating disorder specilist who will weigh her, and place her onto a diet plan and do the emotinal support but out-patient.

The main thing right now is to make sure she gets the help she needs in order for her to get better.

I hope things become better and feel free to PM me if you ever need a chat od any advice.

Jeessss

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018