View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I think my sister has an eating disorder - May 12th 2010, 03:11 AM

Hey there,

It sounds like you really do care about your sister and if she does have an ED love and care and support is what she is going to be.

Now, the first thing you have to realize is that you cannot force your sister to get help. As much as you may want to if she doesn't believe she has a problem or doesn't want help then she is not going to seek the help you guys want her to.

Do you think your parents know what is going on? If not maybe you could sit down and talk to them about the things you are concerned about? It could be a hard thing to do but rallying the rest of your family behind you in this could really help.

I think that you should definitely consider talking to your sister about this and let her know that you are extremely worried about her and want her to get help. Most likely when you talk to her she is going to say things like 'I am fine' or 'you don't care' etc. She is going to say a lot of horrible things but talking to her could help.

If she does deny it maybe you could suggest that she go to a doctor just to ease your mind. She may or may not be willing to do it.

Lastly, the biggest thing you can do is just be there to support her. She might deny help for a while but hopefully with time and with understanding and love from you and the rest of her family she will realize that she can/should get help.

Please hang in there and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna