View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Goatboy Offline
Full-time Vicarious Vampire
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 13,641, Level: 16 Points: 13,641, Level: 16 Points: 13,641, Level: 16

Unhappy Leaving a family religion - May 27th 2010, 04:55 PM

OK so as any of you have read my previous posts know I have left Christianity (I am now a panendeist - I have basically been one for many years).
This was not an easy decision, and was one that I thought very hard for for a long time.
Unfortunately my decision has caused a rift between me and my parents.
Not so long a go because I refused to agree with my parents beliefs and my dad punched me in my back, took away my money and said it would have been better if I had never been born - thanks dad!

My mum to my questions about the bible has said these sort of things:
homosexuals and pagan babies in the bible were killed in retaliation and the babies went to heaven so its OK (more hypocrisy!!)
god ordered genocide to prove that he is holy (seriously how does that make sense)
God is working in Israel, and those who obstruct Israel deserve death even if they are babies (what threat is a baby ?)

Sounds like a nice god right, well I certainly haven't seen psalm 137 sung in church maybe because if it was everyone would cease being Christians

Anyway this thread is about family not religion, so please only answer about my situation

What I would like to ask is has anyone else gone through a similar situation, and what did they do when their family acted negatively about them leaving the family religion

Anyway I could tell you a lot more but this situation is rather complicated, so please don't guess at my situation or tell me I need Jesus (because I don't)

Life is a waterfall,
we're one in the river,
and one again after the fall.
We drink from the river,
then we turn around and put up our walls.
When you lose small mind,
you free your life.
When you free your eyes,
eternal prize.