View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TriBlox6432 Offline
Odan
Not a n00b

Points: 9,512, Level: 14 Points: 9,512, Level: 14 Points: 9,512, Level: 14

Re: converting to Islam. choice between family or religion - May 31st 2010, 08:32 PM

How about you try to live one week as a Muslim before you actually make the choice? As a former Muslim, I can guide you really well.

If you're female, start wearing Hijab right now. The only people that can see you without it are your parents, siblings, husband/wife, and children. Uncles and cousins can't see you without it. No one can.

Pray five times a day, on time. No procrastination. If you're at work/school tell your boss you need time to pray, perfectly on time. And do it right. Not like a Christian prayer, but you need to know how to do it right, otherwise Allah wont accept your prayer. And make sure to be in a state of ghusl/wudu.

Do not come onto TeenHelp or any forums for that matter. All they do is cause fitna and they are very Haram. Music is also haram, no music what so ever.

You cannot talk to anyone of the oposit sex other than those in your immediate family. If someone does try to talk to you (no matter how innocent) you must simply say "I cannot talk to you, sorry" and walk away.

Fast Mondays and Thursdays. Always. Not required in Islam, but it prepares you for Ramadan.

Pay 2.5% of your money to a local mosque.

Try this for a week, with no slip ups. If you can do it and still want to be muslim, let me know and I'll talk to you about it. As-salamu alaykum.