View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MasterofTofu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ian

Points: 9,696, Level: 14 Points: 9,696, Level: 14 Points: 9,696, Level: 14

Re: lonely, bored, no confidence....read if you're in same situation - June 12th 2010, 04:22 AM

Although you might be older than me, I know exactly how you feel. I get bullied...a lot. Not physically, and sometimes it isn't even meant to come across as bullying. But people do it because they know they are able to walk all over me, say whatever they want, and I won't fight back. I am a people-pleaser and I hate it. I have friends, sure, but I am not close to them. There is only one person I would consider a best friend, but even then, it is more intellectual conversation that we have than emotional. Like you, I know I am a nice guy; I get along with people fine, though I do come off as being odd (not in a creepy way though). I would love to have a girlfriend, but I am to god-damned nervous to get the balls and go out there. It leaves you, me, and everyone else like this feeling isolated and alone...there is no one to talk to. This is just out of curiosity, but would you consider yourself above average intelligence? e.g. you score 125+ on an IQ test or you can grasp material and information better than most around you? For instance, I am a 17-year-old who reads about theoretical physics, political and economic theory, world history, and psychology in my spare time...