View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bigwheel Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,006, Level: 15 Points: 11,006, Level: 15 Points: 11,006, Level: 15

Re: lonely, bored, no confidence....read if you're in same situation - June 12th 2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofTofu View Post
Although you might be older than me, I know exactly how you feel. I get bullied...a lot. Not physically, and sometimes it isn't even meant to come across as bullying. But people do it because they know they are able to walk all over me, say whatever they want, and I won't fight back. I am a people-pleaser and I hate it. I have friends, sure, but I am not close to them. There is only one person I would consider a best friend, but even then, it is more intellectual conversation that we have than emotional. Like you, I know I am a nice guy; I get along with people fine, though I do come off as being odd (not in a creepy way though). I would love to have a girlfriend, but I am to god-damned nervous to get the balls and go out there. It leaves you, me, and everyone else like this feeling isolated and alone...there is no one to talk to. This is just out of curiosity, but would you consider yourself above average intelligence? e.g. you score 125+ on an IQ test or you can grasp material and information better than most around you? For instance, I am a 17-year-old who reads about theoretical physics, political and economic theory, world history, and psychology in my spare time...
thanks, i appreciate that post. Yeah, i would say i'm older than them mentally and have a better IQ. I don't boast about it whatsoever, in fact the opposite. I dumb myself down so i can try n make friends. I'm into political hip hop, conspiracy theories, guitar etc. Things that make you think, not getting pissed on a friday night, taking pics n posting them on facebook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Hey, dont worry, Im in the exact same situation. Heck, if I was old enough, I would try online dating because Im pretty desperate and lonely myself. You just have to with what everybodys saying. If you dont know what theyre talking about, you can stay quiet, but the important thing is DONT BE NERVOUS WHEN MEETING PEOPLE. It always screwed me over. Your actually a little better off than me. I dont got anybody except my TV. And dont worry, I always get ganged up on by my "friends", but they would never dare make fun of me one on one. You have to at least pretend to act confident about yourself. Thats how you earn respect.
Oh yeah, for the last guy, Im smarter than 98 percent of American 14 year olds. See? Self respect is the only thing that keeps me from getting bullied by everybody all the time. I IGNORE BULLYING. F THEM. Why should idiots like them be friends with you? You are better than them.
thanks Mich, appreciate it. Keep your head up man. I'd say avoid the online dating, it hasn't helped me.