View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
BeautyKills :O Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe

Points: 11,168, Level: 15 Points: 11,168, Level: 15 Points: 11,168, Level: 15

Re: converting to Islam. choice between family or religion - June 16th 2010, 10:04 AM

Hi Jennifer
I don't know if what I'm about to tell you will be much of a help.

I am a muslim (I know I haven't mentioned it on my profile only because I believe there's only one true God no matter what we may call Him or what religion we come from). If you want to convert to Islam, then that's good. But only convert if you really believe in the religion. Not because of your boyfriend. May I just clear that Islam does not say anything about men surpassing women (or vice versa). In Islam, men and women are both equal. They both have their roles in life. Women are assigned to keep her house clean and her family with happiness while the men are obliged to bring in the money for the family.

Think about it first before converting.
I suggest that you should look into the religion itself before converting and then maybe you could talk to your mom about it.

And can I just point out about what the news keeps hitting on muslim people?
Not all of us are terrorists or bad people. Some may be. But majority of the people are very nice. Did you ever heard of Osama Bin Laden? I suppose you did. Try to google "Tim Osman" or you could just click on this link: http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...laden_cia.html

I don't know why or what the US has against muslim people but I know, for one, that we're good people. The middle east is almost as developed as America is. I still don't understand why there's a big discrimination between it.

Anyway, good luck!
Hope I helped!
*hug

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
— Maya Angelou