View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
pinkbabi85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,538, Level: 13 Points: 8,538, Level: 13 Points: 8,538, Level: 13

Exclamation My Step-Mom's New Disability - June 18th 2010, 02:13 AM

Ok, I'm not entirely sure that this thread should go here, but whatever.

My stepmom had an extreamly severe stroke this year that left her entire right side of her body paralyzed. It left my entire family in shock (3 step siblings 1 blood sibling and my dad). I couldn't concentrate at all at school after this occured and managed to fail spanish, even though I'm a native speaker. I have no idea how to deal with this. She was always our center of attention and was the brawn of the relationship with my parents. I love her like my own mom and I've been living with her since I was 9. My emotions are all out of wack and I've had problems with my terrible temper more and more lately (I had learned how to completely control it before).

Whats really the worst is that none of my friends care exept for one and was the only one that cared enough to actually listen to me while i was crying. They all thought that it was just like a week long thing, and she would be back up and running again so soon. She can't even hold a cup with her right hand and she cant even walk without her walker. It's been nearly 3 months now. She has been home for a while and I have no idea how to react to it (I haven't seen her because I've been with my mother).

I can't even think about her without crying. Some of her speech has been impaired, but she understands almost everything. She was the one person that I could talk to about almost all my problems and now I can't even do that.

Has anyone gone through this? I really need some help here.