View Single Post
  (#2904 (permalink)) Old
lanegwyn Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,237, Level: 14 Points: 9,237, Level: 14 Points: 9,237, Level: 14

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - July 11th 2010, 12:59 AM

- I don't care how much you dislike me, or are even sick of me. I love you. I will always love you, until the day I die. This next part, in white, is less important than the preceding sentence.(But I think if you had not a single friend other than I, you'd be consumed by it too. Don't assume that I'm making a big deal out of a slight problem. You're a fantastic friend, but I do need others for my mental health, sanity, intellectual stimulation, fun, and life. Imagine, for a second, only having me. Don't say, 'oh, well that'd never happen because I know how to make friends'. Imagine you tried and failed for four years. Imagine you were terrified of never making another friend for the rest of your existence on this planet, and had experience to substantiate your fears. You'd go crazy, too.)

-I like you. Do you like me: yes or no? Just shake your head or nod, and then we'll forget this ever happened. I'd like to know whether I have a chance.

-To you, person from the shop to whom I've never spoken: Where are you from? I like your accent. Let's elope. Our marriage would be legal in Massachusetts.

-I'm not as creepy as I seemed, I promise.

-You're not much less socially awkward than I am. Let's build a friendship on that premise.

-I'm as intelligent as you are. Probably/almost. Don't be put off by the rest of it.

-Thank you thank you thank you thank you

-Please keep an open mind.