View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20

Sick of being lonely. - August 1st 2010, 12:24 PM

I guess I haven't really had many friends over my life and the ones I had I drifted away from.

I was depressed for so long and I wouldn't say I'm completely over it or anything but I started school again a few months ago (I'd dropped out for about a year) and things started to feel so much better. There were options, I didn't feel hopeless anymore.

So everything in my life feels new and exciting, except that I'm still alone.

I guess I made some friends (well really a friend and her other friends who I talk too occasionally) at this new school but I really have nothing in common with her or them. I'm quite shy and I feel completely at a loss when having a conversation with them.

I'm not trying to say I'm more mature by any stretch, in fact I wish I was able to have fun and care about the things they care about. But I don't. I hate Lady Gaga. I don't want to talk about guys every 24/7. I don't care about parties or getting drunk.

This is an actual conversation I had the other day:

Girl at school: I hate Chinese people.
Me: Uh, what?!
Girl at school: Haha, I'm really racial.
Me: You mean racist??
Girl at school: Yeah, that thing.

Christ. I'm not saying I'm better than them or anything. We just have different interests. And it's the first friend i've made since probably grade eight.

I have no one to talk too. I spend my weekends alone in my room. I don't have friends and everyone I talk to seems like the complete opposite of me.

How do I get past this??

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy