View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: Sick of being lonely. - August 2nd 2010, 03:53 PM

I definitely know how you feel. It's always been really hard for me to find friends that I have things in common with. This past school year I started high school, and while I was going to school I made friends with a couple girls there, but I slowly realized I had absolutely nothing in common with the people I was hanging out with. All they talked about was guys (the funny thing was that they liked a new guy almost every week) smoking, drinking, sex, etc. I felt totally out of place.

I even have a hard time relating to the friends that I have now sometimes, and even though I have them I'm still lonely a lot of times. But they are probably the best friends I've had, regardless. The funny thing is that the year I made these friends is when I wasn't afraid to talk to other people, to be the first to approach someone and just start a conversation.

So I guess that's my advice for you. xD Don't be afraid to reach out to people. Pay attention to the people around you, get to know them. Eventually you are going to find someone who you feel that you can relate to. So much time I wasted standing there saying "I'll never find anyone I can relate to," when it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts