View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I think I might have an eating disorder... - August 3rd 2010, 03:14 AM

Anne,

Since we are not professionals we cannot tell you if you have an Eating Disorder or not. However from what I read it does sound like you should seek some help.

Obsessing over what you eat, how much you eat, how much you weight etc is not right. A persons weight should not define them like your weight seems to be.

You said that you have kind of isolated from people and that is a big sign that an ED has developed or your disordered eating could be taking on a life of its own. I would suggest that you quit isolating and seek help for this immediately.

From my own experience no matter how much you lose you will never be perfect enough because your mind will keep telling you that. If you reach out for help you can work on the issues behind your need for perfection. Also, if you seek help you can get in with a doctor who can help you, if there is a need, to eat healthy and reach a healthy weight.

Keeping your struggle a secret will only feed into this issue and make it worse. Instead of letting it get worse seek out help so that you can get your life back on track. It will probably be a long hard road but in the end I am sure you will be thankful for having the courage to reach out.

If you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna